Rambling linguistically

 Rambling linguistically


Jealousy


Friends, have you ever been jealous of people?

Has jealousy struck you ever?

Have you been able to overcome it?

Come on let’s not lie, all of us in our lives somewhere or the other have felt jealous of people for various reasons which can be as weird as possible or may as simple as it can be like -

  • Of the work, someone else has done. 

  • Or maybe an award or appreciation someone has achieved.

  • Some amazing game your friend got on his birthday which you always wanted.

  • Your friend has achieved good marks.

  • Your friend is going on a vacation and you are not able to go with him.


Today I am going to tell you about my incident which you might feel is extremely weird to be jealous of.


For people who don’t know, I have a little brother and he is like this cute annoying brother. I was really jealous of him when he was born. First I was the one who received all the pampering, attention and love, I still do receive it but when babies are born they are so cute and little and very loving so my brother gained all attention. Initially, I was not very accommodating of the new addition into our family and thought that my mom and dad now will not love me as much as before.

Then this day came where my feelings for my little brother changed, one day everyone went outside of the house and me and my brother was with our grandparents at home. Since there was no one to play with me I got bored and then there was only one option  - my little brother. So I started playing with him and was enjoying all my time with this cute little creature which was only a few days old and of whom I was jealous. My time with him made me realize that he is a part of me, he is my brother, the way he loved me and hugged me melted my heart and I realized what an amazing relationship this is. My mom is always going to be my mom and she is going to love us equally - so what am I being jealous for? That was a very dumb feeling that I had developed, so from that moment onwards I have loved him every single day stopped being jealous at small and petty reasons.


You know what, when people are jealous, they tend to hate everyone else around them who don’t even matter! Some people also hate all the other things and they only keep jealousy in mind.

When we refer to the term jealous we only think that it is negative but let’s now convert that vibe into a positive one.


The positive things about jealousy are that it makes people ponder about things for a long time and they might have a change of heart like I did. 

  • Jealousy is a good motivator 

  • Jealousy makes us realize the actual scene 


The jealous feeling is like a warning which tells you what you need to improve on. In my case, I understood later that both of us are equal and now my brother is my best friend. 

Here I would like to tell you that it is not a very good feeling to have and you should definitely try and overcome it, So….. next time…… When you feel jealous ask yourself these questions.


  • What am I jealous of?

  • Is it worth it?

  • Is this jealousy making me a good person?

  • How is this jealousy going to affect me?

  • Is this going to do any good for me? 


After you give answers to these questions to yourself you will get to know the actual reason behind your jealousy and if it is worth the feeling or not.


Comments

Popular Posts